A dynamic economy and market
- France is Europe’s second largest economy and the fifth largest in the world.
- France is the world’s leading tourist destination, with 83 million visitors (World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), 2016).
- With its overseas territories, France’s inluence extends to all the world’s oceans; it has the second largest exclusive economic zone (11 million sq. km.) after the United States, and shares a border with Brazil (French Guiana).
World-class industrial sectors
- France is Europe’s largest aerospace and nuclear industries.
- France is Europe’s second largest agri-food and chemical industries.
- France is Europe’s third largest ICT and pharmaceutical sectors.