- Arts, culture, cinema, music and shows
- Medical, pharmaceutical, health
- Banks, insurance companies, pension funds, complementary health insurance funds
- Mass retail
- Construction industry
- Hotals, catering, leisure, tourism
- Food and food processing
- Data processing, telephony
- Automobile, suppliers
- Audit, consultancy
- Ministry, administration, institutions, political, politics, policy
- Maritime industry
- Beauty, fashion, lurury
- Real estate
- Education, employment, human ressources
- Transport, aeronautics
- Media, press, TV
- Law and Justice
- Provessional trade fairs
- Consumer trade fairs
- Conferences: Federations, civil society organisations
- Information and telecommunications technologies;
- Perfume and cosmetics;
- The automobile industry;
- Horses and equestrianism ;
Close to Paris and London and open on the Channel, the Calvados region is an important area in the north western part of Europe.
The food-processing industry represents 25% of the industrial sector of Calvados, followed by the automotive industry and the electronic and electric devices industry. Tourism, agriculture, horse breeding and fishing insure also an important part of the local economy.
In 2010, there were 67 companies in Calvados representing foreign capital groups (i.e. half of all foreign-invested enterprises in Lower Normandy), employing some 11,054 people. 4,311 of these work for Renault Trucks, Robert Bosch and NXP.
People working for foreign companies in Calvados only account for 4.25% of the working population employed in manufacturing and services (compared with a national average of 15%).
However, these companies provide a third of all manufacturing jobs in the county, reflecting the situation nationwide . The vast majority of these foreign companies work in the motor industry.
Some international groups, among which some American ones, are settled in the region:General Electric, Merck & Co (pharmaceuticals), Alcoa (aeronautics), Schwan’s (food-processing), Mars Incorporated (animal feeding), Visteon Automotive Systems (automotive supplier), but also the Alltech Group (animal feeding). Alltech was the main partner of the FEI Alltech World Equestrian Games in Normandy in 2014.
Click here for more information