A New Congress Charter
Parisian professionals recently signed a unique Charter on the hosting of large congresses in Paris, involving 651 hotels and over 76,657 rooms in all categories in Paris and the region.
This agreement -a unique tool for congress organizers- commits hotel owners who have signed the Charter to the following:
Predictable price policy
Fixed terms and conditions of sale and room release
Allotment management policy
Commitments to quality
This Charter applies to major congresses - over 1,000 participants - organized by not-for-profit organizations (learned societies, federations, professional associations, etc).
With the implementation of a Charter involving a great number of hotels, the Paris Tourism and Congress Office has reinforced the attractiveness of the destination, and offers comprehensive, precise, detailed proposals that include the offers of accommodation from various Paris professionals several years ahead.
A Growing Industry and Significant Economic Returns
In 2015, association congresses generated 11% of business tourism nights in Paris, thanks to some 762,000 participants welcomed during 1,004 events (an increase of 9.6% compared to 2014), including 136 events with over 1,000 participants.
This high added value sector created 1.2 billion Euros in returns in 2015: the average expenditure of a congress-goer is €212 per day (up to €344 for a foreign congress-goer) and is 50% higher than a leisure visitor.
Signatories of the Charter
- City of Paris
- Paris Tourism and Congress Office
- Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Hotel groups :
- Accor Hotels
- B&B Hotels
- Best Western
- Business Solutions Disneyland Paris
- Carlson Rezidor
- Chateau & Hotels Collection
- Choice Hotels France
- Hilton Hotels International
- Hotel Catalogne Paris Gare Montparnasse
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- JJW Hotels & resorts
- Louvre Hotels Group
- Marriott Hotels International
- Melia Hotels International
- Seh United Hoteliers
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- September: Annual Meeting of the International Skeletal Society ISS
- at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotels & Conference Center
- 400 people expected
- December: World Cancer Congress and World Cancer Leaders' Summit
- at the Palais des Congres de Paris
- 4,000 people expected